My booth at an Outdoor Art Show

My booth at an Outdoor Art Show
The best part of an outdoor show is meeting you. If you read my blog, be sure to say Hi to me.

Friday, July 10, 2009

How I paint outdoors


Here is where I was sitting for my first outdoor painting. I took a chair with side shelf to hold the paints. I rested the watercolor paper on my lap taped to a piece of foam core. It was light and easy to move around

It was a cloudy day but that worked out to our advantage as it,kept the shadow basically the same for most of the day

Here is a view of the building as I looked at it while I was painting. I found I
was able to get better matching of the colors with the stone in the wall and also more depth to the painting. I think that painting outdoors will bring some new depth and accurate color to my watercolors. Next week I will show the final painting.

No comments:

Post a Comment