My booth at an Outdoor Art Show

My booth at an Outdoor Art Show
The best part of an outdoor show is meeting you. If you read my blog, be sure to say Hi to me.

Saturday, January 9, 2010

Taking Time to Paint this Winter


Well the hustle and bustle of the Christmas holidays are over. It is time to settle down to do more painting. I first selected several new landscapes to paint. I have to go through my photographs and select a number that catch my eye. The key to the next step is to select the correct angle to make the finished painting more interesting and create interest in the viewer's eye.

Here is a photo I took in IL when visiting an antique shop west of West Chicago, where our son lives. We wandered around the farm where we saw chickens and horses. Our granddaughter fed the horse an apple but stayed away from the chickens. This scene really caught my eye. It has already begun to turn into a painting. Let's hope it will be finished for the first spring show. The old door, the new green plants and the old fence all seemed to catch my eye.
I trust you had an enjoyable Christmas and look forward to 2010 ready to share with others the blessings we have all received this past year.

No comments:

Post a Comment