My booth at an Outdoor Art Show

My booth at an Outdoor Art Show
The best part of an outdoor show is meeting you. If you read my blog, be sure to say Hi to me.

Sunday, July 25, 2010

Watercolor Activity

Have you ever been to Sugartown?


This week I am taking several watercolor workshops in VT and taking by camera to capture new images to translate into finished watercolors. It should be cooler and a nice change from our area. I am working on some new watercolors for several fall activities. I recently drove along Goshen Road with my daughter Dawn who is taking great photos. We visited Sugartown and took this collection of photos grouped together turning it into a large watercolor.

Watercolor Study of Sugartown
Beginning with these photos, I drew the images onto my new, special watercolor pad that is long and narrow making it ideal for this type of painting. I used this study to test out several concepts.
Here is the study

Once this was stared I realized I wanted to create a focal point and had to visualize where that would be. As Dawn and I walked around the village, we walked into the Antique shop and noticed all these "antique samplers" stitched by children in the 1800's.
So my center of interest will be either the Antique Shop or the store next to it with the 4th of July decorations. Now my next post will show my beginning steps of the large watercolor and maybe some VT scenes.

No comments:

Post a Comment