My booth at an Outdoor Art Show

My booth at an Outdoor Art Show
The best part of an outdoor show is meeting you. If you read my blog, be sure to say Hi to me.

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Watercolor Demonstration

Last Friday's watercolor demonstration involved a presentation about turning photos into paintings and then selecting one of the photos to paint geraniums in a wooden bucket.  The 40 plus people in attendance enjoyed the demonstration, asking questions and commenting. It involved working on two paintings at once, one on hot press paper and one on cold press paper, 140 pound.  This allowed me to paint on one area and then allow that to dry, while I continued to paint on the other portion of the painting. In one version, an American flag was added.   Attached is the photo used.   I hope to add the final painting when it is finished.
The center of  focus is to the top left area to create some interest.. 
Hopefully it will be finished for my next show on May 20th and 21st.

No comments:

Post a Comment