My booth at an Outdoor Art Show

My booth at an Outdoor Art Show
The best part of an outdoor show is meeting you. If you read my blog, be sure to say Hi to me.

Sunday, August 26, 2012

Another Cruise Memory

This sketch is of the Florence and the Ponte Vecchi bridge which is a street with shops on both sides that crosses the Arno River.  It was originally shops for butchers but due to the stink created by the butchering , they were replaced by Goldsmiths and jewelers.  As we visited Florence, we saw many neat streets, churches and incredible statues.  
 This is the photo I took of the bridge in the late morning as we went to the square.  Fortunately I had my Ipad with me and was able to download the photos onto the Ipad.  Then I sketched from the Ipad once we were back on the ship.  

Of course this is also one city where I think I can say I had my favorite gelati -  dark chocolate and hazelnut.   It was located on a back alley near the Domo Basilica and actually required getting a second gelati later in the afternoon.


 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment