My booth at an Outdoor Art Show

My booth at an Outdoor Art Show
The best part of an outdoor show is meeting you. If you read my blog, be sure to say Hi to me.

Saturday, June 22, 2013

West Chester Paint The Town

Several weeks ago , I participated in the West Chester Paint the Town although I did not get as many paintings as last year when I completed 7.  This year due to some other conflicts and the weather, I only completed two.  One small 8 x 10 of a home with a fountain and then my larger painting of three historic homes across form Marshall Park.


Historic Homes of West Chester



Home on Church Street
These three homes all appealed to my desire to paint historic homes.  It is hard to paint different bricks on three different homes.  I also painted these homes in an afternoon as these were part of the plein air contest.  It was great sitting under the trees in the park painting while birds sang overhead and people with their dogs walked by.  Hope you enjoy this painting.
This summer, we will be off to New England to find some new exciting places, buildings and scenes to paint.  

No comments:

Post a Comment