My booth at an Outdoor Art Show

My booth at an Outdoor Art Show
The best part of an outdoor show is meeting you. If you read my blog, be sure to say Hi to me.

Saturday, February 8, 2014

Malvern Retreat house Art Show

Not sure if you made it to this show but thanks to those who did an purchased seven different pieces of art.  I was there on Friday afternoon and did personalize one of my limited edition reproductions that is always a treat for me to do.  We had to pick up all the paintings left over on Sunday evening due to a potential snowfall and we all know what happened after that.

Next is the Chadd's Ford Elementary School At show.  Normally I am at the show on Friday evening when they have the catered Open House that is FREE.  That means you get first shot at the paintings and with my originals ...well there is only one of each. I will also be there on Saturday afternoon.
My largest watercolor will be "Victorian Cape May - Stockton Place" that has 8 homes all built about the same time for $50,000.  Also will have a number of small originals and framed giclees and limited edition reproductions.

Here is one of the new originals.  This is called " Window at Olson's" based on a trip we took this summer to Maine visiting the Olson farm.  This is the site of the famous Andrew Wyeth painting - " Christina's World"   Mine is based on a photo and sketch I made of the upstairs room with a flower bouquet on the window sill.

We spent about a week here taking photos, sketching and learning about the special role this played in Andrew Wyeth's life.

Oh be aware that Victoria Wyeth, Andrew Wyeth's only granddaughter,  will be at the Chadd's Ford show on Saturday morning to share about her grandfather.....you DO NOT WANT TO MISS THIS opportunity to hear about how special he was to her as a grandfather!


No comments:

Post a Comment