My booth at an Outdoor Art Show

My booth at an Outdoor Art Show
The best part of an outdoor show is meeting you. If you read my blog, be sure to say Hi to me.

Thursday, July 9, 2015

KUERNER FARM ACTIVITY

Back in mid May I started painting again at the farm with Karl Kuerner III gathering his insight and hearing interesting memories of Andrew Wyeth painting at the farm.  One of my goals was to try to reduce the time to complete a painting en plein air to under 3 hours so I can participate in local Quick Draw plein air events.

I was fortunate to be able to complete 5 paintings over 7 weeks during the time we had at the farm with each weekly session lasting 2 hours.  This was my first watercolor from May.
Several other paintings were completed - one of the home from the back and two from the side near the springhouse.  Karl has been very helpful in providing guidance and suggestions.  Working with Karl and the Brandywine Art Museum, I helped organized a one day paint out here for members of the Philadelphia Watercolor Society.  We had a great day with almost 20 people participating.  

Today is my last day to paint until the fall.  When we finish painting there today, they will be posted on my blog and Facebook account.  

No comments:

Post a Comment