My booth at an Outdoor Art Show

My booth at an Outdoor Art Show
The best part of an outdoor show is meeting you. If you read my blog, be sure to say Hi to me.

Sunday, July 12, 2015

KUERNER FARM MORE WATERCOLORS

Painting at the Kuerner farm since May has allowed me to breath in the air and atmosphere of Wyeth countryside.  As Karl Kuerner III shares stories it forces me to want to improve my paintings.  In addition, it helps me see how by adding more dark and light colors, my paintings can improve.  So my watercolors increasingly have more depth and more color.

The second benefit of painting during the two hours at the farm has helped me focus trying to complete a painting in several hours that helps me improve my plein air painting.

This one was completed in about 2 1/2 hours so a little longer but captures the farm house and springhouse.

The next painting was of the springhouse from a different angle. The springhouse was where Karl Kuerner brewed his hard cider that he and Andy used to drink over their conversation.

You have to understand this.  For any artist who loves Andrew Wyeth paintings this is an incredible experience.  Being able to paint here sends chills up your spine realizing this is where Andy painted.  Every day and every step walked here as you hear Karl share his stories, refocuses your thoughts back to realizing you are on the farm where over 1,000 paintings were created by one of the world's greatest artists.

No comments:

Post a Comment