My booth at an Outdoor Art Show

My booth at an Outdoor Art Show
The best part of an outdoor show is meeting you. If you read my blog, be sure to say Hi to me.

Sunday, August 30, 2015

FALL BEGINNINGS

This summer I have been able to do some plein air painting at Sugartown in Malvern and in Philadelphia for the Mid Atlantic Plein Air Event. However the summer began with a trip to New England and of course visiting some Wyeth locations.  This is the Olson House in Cushing.  It was closed for the installation of a fire proofing but we still went and took photos.  Then we had the opportunity to take a lobster boat cruise around the Wyeth island where Betsy Wyeth lives in the summer.

Then several times I have been painting at Historic Sugartown to get ready for Chester County Day Plein air event we are running for the Philadelphia Watercolor Society.   Here is on of my sketches

This is of the book bindery with the Garret Home in the background.  On Chester county Day we hope to have 20 artists here painting during the day.  That is on October 3rd weather permitting.

Then several times my paint brushes have gone with me to Philadelphia to paint and that has been an experience!  First stop was 100 Market Street to the Franklin Fountain Ice Cream Parlor.
It was early morning so the cleanup crew was there when I started but soon customers showed up.  The owners Ryan and Eric Berley came out and we talked for awhile.  If you haven't had a cone of their ice cream you have to go and the parking is easy on the street.

Next stop later last week was the Betsy Ross House.  While I was sitting on my stool painting, a couple from New Zealand stopped and talked to me.  They took some pictures of me painting and will send them to me once they get back to New Zealand.
I was sitting in front of a flag store, across the street from the Betsy Ross house on the sidewalk between two sections that where blocked off due to construction.  There were trucks delivering food to a pub behind me so there was alot of activity.  Another couple from France stopped to watch me painting.  They arrived by boat they anchored in the Delaware River.  They came from Quebec on their sailboat and were here for three days before going back to France.
I will finish the paintings in the next day and take them over to the Wayne Art Center for a month long show.

NEWTOWN SQUARE PUBLIC LIBRARY    I have a one man show here for the month of September.  On wall is all plein air paintings from the Kuerner farm and one wall are local scenes.
October will be Plein air on Chester County Day at Sugartown, the Ocean City Block party on October 10th and the 11th will be the Dilworthtown Benefit for Chester County Hospital.






No comments:

Post a Comment